Saturday, February 16, 2008

It's Beginning to Get To Me

So lately I have been told that I need to blog more about gossip/my own personal life and less about random intellectual thoughts I write down when I have time/don't want to do a Model UN paper, but I like my blog even if I have no readers, and even though it's a bit dry, I feel like it's an accurate reflection of what I'm thinking. That is to say: this is my own place to really be intellectual about those issues that matter to me because most of the people I talk to don't care about the same things that matter to me, and I don't want to bore them. I feel like our personal lives are the mainstays of our conversations, and while this can be nice, I'm ready - to paraphrase Hollister - to be in college where no one talks about drama. Or am I? What if I suddenly find conversations on new topics boring, what if I can't keep up, what if I *gasp* end up missing high school? But that's a risk that I'm willing to take; I believe that there is nothing worse than being fixated in the past; we must look ahead to the future, to that glorious day when we can look back and say "yes, this is who I am, and I'm proud of what I've become, and more importantly, where I still have yet to go."

Wow that sounded really cliche (need accent mark), but oh well. I want to go read my new Pynchon now. Also, found a great new tapas place tonight so that was exciting!

And tonight I reaffirmed what I already knew - newsboy caps weren't cool in the twenties, and they're not cool now. However, Dashboard Confessional has become cool again - good for them.

Finally, blog's title stolen from Snow Patrol:
"And it's beginning to get to me
That I know more of the stars and sea
Than I do of what's in your head"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to burst your bubble, but college is far from drama-free my dear friend.

Taylor said...

Yeah I figure that, but I just hope it's less talked about drama? haha