Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm Not a Caffeine Whore...No Really

So as I sit in Caribou (yet again) and do work on my computer (yet again) I wonder if I have finally become addicted to caffeine or if i am merely addicted to the atmosphere of the coffee house, that once chic invention which seemed to promise European (mostly French)-inspired Bohemian coolness, but now can be found everywhere - including on the backwoods of this country - I mean I'm not trying to be an urbane snob, but seriously do our roadways really need coffee houses, or more generally do American drivers really need coffee while trying to navigate their landrovers? I know I don't.

But I digress, yes I love coffee houses, especially the one I'm in, but maybe I should start to invest in other drinks that can be found here, like tea or even water, and no I don't mean the three dollar Fiji or Smart water which I have become so fond of, but like tap water, but then again we're in a drought....so maybe I'll just stick to my skim, two splenda, medium lattes and call it a day.

I'm in a very odd mood for which I blame the rain - I mean when you get so little of it for five months I guess even the smallest drops cause rain-inspired kookiness (by the way, look at the spelling of that word - yeah that's what I'd call kooky)....

Readings at the moment: old issues of The Atlantic and Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

Expect one or two more posts today - anything to avoid having to go to the gym....

As always, with love a la americain,
Taylor

No comments: